Saturday, July 29, 2006

Rants

I never failed once. It just happened to be a 2000 step process.
-Thomas Edison when asked why he failed so many times while inventing the lightbulb.

Sometimes I just get too tired of ranting that I keep things to myself. Yeah it hurts, but there are somethings that are better off unsaid. Anyways, I dont hold grudges anymore... problem is I get these mood swings...where one minute Im really happy, and next I hate the world. I know the world sucks and that life is unfair. To hell with it! At this rate, I might only have less than half a century to walk this Earth... might as well enjoy it. Why do I always dwell on the dark and gloomy side of life even if I know that the sun shines elsewhere and that getting there is as easy as taking a single step. Oooh, long sentence. Im not used to blogging in english anymore.... but Im in the mood for one so why not give it a shot.


What else... hmm... I've been reading cosmo lately. No choice... its the only "new" magazine in the house and I dont have any cash to buy myself a new one. So whats in it? Well... its kinda like... well... uhm... yeah... it gives women tips on how to handle their life, it features cool pictures of the latest fashion, where to get them... and for how much. Beauty secrets, naughty accounts, love advice, work advice, you name it... its there. I even has a small section for us men.

The really cool part I read was an article called "10 Steps to Becoming an It Girl" Apparently, it was written for the benefit of the ladies, but still the content applies to any social being in general. I got to this part that said: "Try to approach a new day
without any expectations." Hmmm... a bell rang somewhere so I kept reading. For the benefit of those who dont read the mag, I'll be posting the entirety of the sub artcile.

It Girl Insider Tip # 5: Laugh At Yourself

We've said it again and again. Learn to laugh it all off. It Girls seldomly take themselves seriously, and they dont take anything personally. TV host Toni Gonzaga, for instance, isnt afraid to act goofy on and offscreen. 'Wag lang dibdibin,' says Kay, 27, an entrepreneur who has to deal with scores of workers in her rattan business, who give her a daily dose of complaints, rand, and what-have-yous. "If I took it all personally, I'd probably quit the business!"

Do it now: "Try to approach a single day without expectations," advices Richard Carlson, author of Don't Sweat the Small Stuff." "Dont expect people to be friendly. When they're not, you wont be surprised or bothered. If theya are, you'll be delighted." It's easy for us to get depressed, discouraged, and masungit - once we expect that life is smooth sailing. Live your day with an easygoing manner you'll notice how graceful life can be," says Carlson. "Rather than fighting against ;ife, you'll be dancing with it."

Wow, hits the bullseye doesn't It? We'll you'll know if you've been keeping a close track of my blog. So what's the verdict here? Im just too freakin negative! Hmm... When I said approach the day without any expectation I decided not to speak for the whole day. I admit that that was little derailed. Hmmm...

Ok, so I promise to try to do it right next time I go out there into the real work. Ride life, surf the waves instead of swimming against them. Maybe school will be a batter place. I know I got friends and that they'll be there for me when I need them. Maybe not all the time.... but there there. It a good thing Camille gave me a little jolt in the head when I came to her ranting my mouth off... again. After that I found out life can be enjoyable once you choose to enjoy it.

Well after that I got all gloomy again when I kept thinking why some people get to be treated special while I get left behind... again... and treated like some ordinary classmate. I even got almost hit by a car because I wasnt listening. I got my earphones set to the highest volume so I can't hear the driver who was already blasting his horn at me. Good thing Mek pulled me away. "Nag bosena ba siya Mek?" "Oo, tinitigan ka na nga eh!" Uhm... sorry for that... I guess Im the one who's not being a good sport by expecting you guys to come and fetch me out of my gloomy circle of... gloom. Haha. Its not going to happen again. Sorry.

So thats it, life is unfair and it never flows the way you want it to. The solution, let life take me wherever it wants. No more ranting... hehe. No more reclamo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! well said. i do expect stuff to change pagka next nga adlaw tapos kung indi sya mag agree sa akon ma disappoint. so unlike you, la gid man ko may masugidan te sulat na lang sa journal ko eh tapos ibottle up na lang ang ginabatyag. indi man gid ko expert sa ranting kag complaining. ang akon ya area of expertise, self-pity. pero im trying to do away with it. di ko sure kung paano but i try ko lang... cza

HannaReign said...

pessimistic! talagang masyado kang negative.

naa-out-of-place ka ba? sabihin mo. kung hindi mo sasabihin, walang mangyayari. hindi mo naman pwedeng sisihin ang mga friends mo kc hindi nila alam kung ano talaga yung nararamdaman mo.

feeling mo na-leleft-behind ka? baka naman you're expecting something - special treatment or whatever. if not, imposibleng ma-left behind ka without your consent.

masyado mong pinapahirapan yung sarili mo,dear. ok lng na magalit at sabihin mong galit ka paminsan-minsan.