Thursday, August 24, 2006

Life is no Fairy Tale

...and they lived happily ever after.

How I wish the rest of my life could be told by those words alone. However, I don't think that would be probable, for real life can never be a fairy tale. "They lived happily ever after" was just a phrase invented by some 2-bit, lazy author who didnt want to tell little children about the problems that followed after the wedding, the kiss, or the magical revival from death. My trusty dictionary begs to agree: "a fairy tale is an improbable invented account of something, often a false excuse."

So was "that night" just another fairy tale? An excuse to fade away from reality for a few days? A dream I'm forced to forget after I wake up? Damn... I hope not.

[takes another bite of pizza]

Good thing tita bern brought us this plate of pizza... or else I could have fallen into another one of my irrationally depressed moods again. Then again, why am I here pouring out my feelings instead of studying for my math exam tomorrow?

Maybe I've wasted one too many chances and that I've betrayed her one too many times. Its hard to think that she'll be holding out her hand just like that again. And who's this guy she misses the most? Who's this guy that "makes her heart beat faster? I'm really confused. Do I still have a place in your life? Where's that energy that made me shiver even if it wasnt that cold? The old flame that's been rekindled is fading into a dim spark again. Was that just "for old times sake?" Why didnt you just push me away? Why? Why? Why?

I know that trust is a hard thing to earn. And loosing it several times over makes it an even tougher mountain to climb. But for once in my life... I'm sure of what I want. If your going to be my Everest, then so be it. Rest assured that I'm going to reach the top no matter what it takes. That's a promise.

God bless nalang sa MSE exam mo... and I hope you're really "just too busy studying."

Here's an ending that I like...
"... and what became of the guild and its heroes is a story for another time. For now, we are sure that the hero can finally have his well deserved rest."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

halah...

HannaReign said...

confused? ask her. maybe its for "old time sake" nga.

if she pushed you away? what would feel? wouldn't you feel angry or sad?

there could be many reasons. if it bugs you, why not ask? hehehe...

efrenefren said...

im gonna die from the mushy ness

Ean said...

sad ulit...

Anonymous said...

efren buang wakeke hi efren hehe