Monday, December 12, 2005

The Warehouse in My Mind: Antechamber

Ok, so I got tired of studying and I decided to add another section to my fictional warehouse. I am so saturated with unorganized data right now that I have no idea how I'm going to remember all these during tomorrow's exams. I hope I don't black out.

Since we're already talking about unorganized thoughts and short term memory, this new section of my warehouse will be dedicated to that purpose alone. So wipe your feet on the door mat before you enter, you don't want to spoil my thoughts when you walk over them.

The Antechamber

Behind the desk lies a big oak door, taller than two men and wider than four. Behind this door lies the antechamber. It is the room before the main warehouse. It is much smaller than the lobby, barely half the size. Its walls of brick and its floor of filled concrete already show signs of wear and tear even though it still hasn’t been used yet. It has no ceiling, for here, thoughts never stop raining. File upon file would fall from the sky and flood the floor with litter. Equations, new songs, random trivia, Greenwhich's phone number, my latest dream, you name it, it's all here. This is where my thoughts and memories go before they enter the warehouse. This is the first place that I visit every time I would look for a certain memory or thought. Newer memories can of course be easily found on top of the heap, but old ones are quickly forgotten unless I would bring them into the warehouse. This place is a mess.


(time for sleep... more later)


No comments: