Saturday, December 10, 2005

A Rainy Afternoon

It is a rainy afternoon in the office, the perfect time to sit down, relax and enjoy life. I know perfectly well that this freedom won't last long. The exams are looming just beyond the weekends. I have only about 14 more hours of free time before it's back to work again. Damn, no rest for the wicked indeed!

As I sit here watching the sun set behind the tall buildings, I see a dreamy cityscape, grey with rain and smog. The sky glows orange with the light from the dying sun and the air is cold and damp. The street lights flare up one after the other. Night is coming fast, conquering the day with a blitz of stars.

Yet, I feel safe here inside the office. Safe, secure and protected. My thoughts drift elsewhere. Where can she be at this very moment? Ano kaya ang ginagawa niya? Naku, miss ko na siya! Argh! Ano ba ang sinabi ko?

The world keeps on rotating yet I feel like im being left behind, released from the shackles of gravity, weightless.

Thanks, life feels so good.

No comments: