Sunday, July 08, 2007

High School Life

My Ball!

Today (yesterday na pala), I went to visit my old high school, Pisay. It was their 15th foundation day and I loved their theme: "Pushing Frontiers, Keeping Traditions." Or something like that. Anyhoo, we played a little Frisbee with my batch mates, there were only four of us at that time, and I got so wet because of the slight drizzle and because of moving and talking too much that I decided to sit at the sidelines and dry myself a little. I observed the activities of the kids around me and saw myself and my batch mates doing the same thing a few years ago. PSHS has changed very little since we left. The field still smelled like wet grass. The corridors still smelled of sweet perfume. The faculty center was still abuzz. The covered walk was still filled with noisy, chaotic scholars. The gym still had birds flying overhead. The same faces smiled back at you at the canteen, the lobby, at the teachers lounge. Well, yes... aside from the newly tiled floors, newly painted walls, bigger trees, and wireless internet, PSHS was still the same place that I left a few years ago. I'm glad to know that. If only we could live such carefree lives now that we're already studying for college degrees.

3 comments:

Yna said...

yeah, i want to go back to that time,too...when we knew everything would be ok...hay....

Ean said...

uuuy... emo.... mis ko na ang 2100 every month

Yna said...

ayteh...heheehe....ti pero mas dako pa allowance ta gani subong...hay, na miss ko ya nga pwede indi mag study!!! muhuhahaha!