Sunday, April 29, 2007

Save the Internet

Lets take a short pause from my rants and raves and discuss this thing I stumbled over the internet... first see the video...



I never knew such a thing even existed until now. I don't know how this would affect our third world country but by the looks of things... this seems bad. If those first-worlders look distressed because of this, I think I have reason to be worried. Internet cost could triple. And you just don't know how the internet affects the lives of every Juan Dela Cruz in this country.

Bank transactions are done over the internet. Power plants synchronize their outputs over the internet. Media circulates over the internet. Our enrollment, our grades, our curriculum, our schedules are processed over the internet. And if I heard right, doesn't the Philippines have the most Friendster user's in the world? What about my little blog! Crunchyroll! YouTube! Yahoo! OTshare! Kupalogs! Mapua Ownage!

So unless you lived under a stone for the past decade, you should see the importance of the internet in making our little lives a lot more meaningful. I don't know any way of helping solve this problem but I know a certain website who does.

www.savetheinternet.com

Damn politicians, damn greedy companies. Its the same everywhere. Not only in our country. I can seem to lose the feeling of being in the control of those big, greedy, companies.

I twiddle my thumbs...

No comments: