Sunday, September 24, 2006

New Horizons

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The tarmac was drenched and the skies were overcast with dark cumulonimbus clouds. It has been raining for a while now, but I couldn't care less. I was so busy eating my exorbitantly expensive hotdog that the rest of the Centennial Terminal was out of focus. To tell the truth, I forgot to bring my glasses so the entire world was a blur. Missed a lot of girl-spotting opportunities there, sigh....

It was cold. Even though there was a lot of gloom in the outside air due to the sporadic yet intense showers, the airport staff never thought of turning the airconditioning down. My feet were freezing. I never thought it would be this cold so I came to the airport dressed in my usual jeans, t-shirt and flip-flops. Big mistake.

I had my MP3 player turned to full volume to mask out the buzz of the other passengers who are also waiting for their respective planes to arrive and take them to wherever destination they're off to. As for me, its vacation time and I'm going back home to Iloilo City. It has almost been three hours since I arrived and checked in to the airport, and since then I've walked the entire length of the terminal thrice, bought myself a big hotdog, chewed on two big gum balls, drunk a can of diet coke, bought and read a tech and tuner mag, and listened to dozes of punk, and hip-hop songs. Who knew that waiting for one damn airplane can be so much fun?

A few more minutes passed and the boarding call finally came. I saw Abcd, and we boarded together. Our seats were spaced far apart though, so we only talked while walking towards the plane. I found my seat: row 6, seat A. That's the window seat I purposely requested when I checked in. The check-in clerk, who was also a Mapuan, obliged with much enthusiasm when he found out that we came to the same school.

After all checks were made, the rusty, old, and noisy Air Philippines 737 was given the clearance to taxi. The taxiways were kind of bumpy. Well, what do you expect? It's a big plane with tiny wheels, and its windy outside; a few bumps are inevitable. The big bird alligned itself with the runway and throttled-up its engines. The moment we were off the ground, I slowly closed my eyes and fell alseep. Ahhhh... there's nothing like flying towards a secure and fulfilled future.

So this is how it feels like to be the new features editor...

Thanks a lot guys.. I promise to do my best. :D

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats!=D

Anonymous said...

did you know that those planes are banned in indonesia? good thing you got out of that aluminum barrel alive! :twisted:

congratulations ./e11 or ./e12 (forgot if this is the actual emoticon code)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Kuya Ean! :D

Ganbatte ne! p(^o^)q

Ean said...

oaf, what the hell did you just say? hehe!!! :D

just type regular smileys! this page does not accept emoticons... unless we could write our own code for it. hmmmm... which gives me an idea... hehe... [evil smile]

ate yunisee! salamat!!! hehe... :D

Anonymous said...

i said the B737-200 series are banned in indonesia hehe :D they don't allow those planes to be flown by thier carriers

Ean said...

ahhh... its about time people started saying no to 1st world trash... asia is catching up... and that worries the snotty-nosed westerners...

Anonymous said...

ey..ceas...just droppin' by...congrats..

Anonymous said...

grats...cza

Anonymous said...

grats!!!...cza